Translater

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Can I please be the spare Queen?

Today at Enrich we played some chess.  I went with Katie to have a battle on the GIANT chess board!  There were quite a few kids, so we split into teams.  I was on the white team.  My first question topiKatie was "Can I please be the spare Queen?"  Katie reminded us not to set up whole lines of chess pieces - it's not a good plan.  Also, we had to think where we were putting each piece, and tell Katie what our game plan was.  I got to go first!  My opening move was to move the Queen's pawn forward one space - this made room for my bishop to get out.  By the end of the 20 minutes, our team had the white team in trouble! We had our Rook in position, backed up by the Queen.  We were only a few moves away from checkmate!  The answer to Katie's question was "Yes - if we need a spare Queen, you will have to jump on the chessboard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment